*I need more help
  • chevron_rightHow do I receive the Silos Scoop Community Newsletter?
    The Silos Scoop Community Newsletter is our  publication for residents only.  If you are not receiving the newsletter, please contact our Lifestyle Director, Ben Junot, by clicking here.*  

    *All submissions will be verified.  Submissions with incomplete information will not be accepted and added to the Silos Scoop distribution list.
  • chevron_rightIs there a private Facebook Group for residents?
    Yes! The official Silos HOA Facebook group can be found by searching "LifeAtSilos" in the Groups section on Facebook, or by clicking here.

    The group is only accessible to residents who have completed the closing process on their home and confirmed by group admins.

    We ask that residents please do not attempt to contact staff through Facebook Messenger, as all messages go to an inbox that goes unchecked.  To contact staff, it is preferable to email the appropriate staff member.

    We ask that residents review the rules/polices upon joining the Facebook Group, and to keep all posts in a positive spirit. 

    As we do not recognize Facebook as an official communication channel, we ask that if residents have community questions or concerns, to please contact the appropriate staff member directly via email instead of posting in the Facebook Group, as it is very easy for staff to miss a question.
Emergency Services
  • chevron_rightWhat is the difference between a Lifestyle Event and a Marketing Event?`
    Lifestyle Events are for residents only and Marketing Events are to show prospects and realtors what Silos has to offer as a community. We encourage homeowners to help share how great it is to live at Silos.

    Marketing Events will always be noted in the event description to ensure residents are notified of the additional traffic that will be coming onto the property. Marketing Events will be hosted by Lennar.
  • chevron_rightWhy do I have to RSVP for Community Events?
    The goal for RSVP'ing for these events serves several purposes, such as accurate food & beverage costs, licensing costs for movie events, and insuring we have the correct amount of supplies needed, etc. We want to be sure we're doing the best we can to be savvy with Lifestyle funds where applicable, and in turn apply the lifestyle budget towards maximizing each event to their full potential.
  • chevron_rightHow do I RSVP for events?
    For each event or activity that requires an RSVP, there will be a link at the bottom of the event description in the Silos Scoop newsletter that says "Click here to RSVP." We will also include a clickable link to RSVP in our Facebook Group event descriptions, and in the event descriptions here on the Silos Homeowner's Association Website.
  • chevron_rightWhere do I get the password to RSVP for an event?
    The password for each event will always be located just above the RSVP link in the event description in the Silos Scoop Community Newsletter, the event page in the LifeAtSilos Facebook Group, or on the event pages featured here on the Silos Homeowner's Association website.
  • chevron_rightWhat if there is no RSVP link for an event?
    If there is no RSVP button or link included in the event description, feel free to attend at your leisure!
  • chevron_rightI marked myself as attending on the LifeAtSilos Facebook Group - does that count as an RSVP?
    No. Marking yourself as attending on the LifeASilos Facebook Group's event postings will not be counted as an RSVP.  RSVP's for the event are only accepted through the official links included in the event descriptions.
  • chevron_rightIs there an easy way to add events to my calendar?
    Yes!  You can add events to your own calendar by visiting the Lifestyle section, then choosing the Calendar tab, then click "Export Month to Calendar" to download all of the month's events to your calendar.

    Only want to get reminders for the events you're interested in?  Just click on the event description on the calendar, and choose "Export this Event" to download it to your own calendar.

  • chevron_rightI RSVP'D but now can't make it - what do I do?
    Can't make it after all? Please let the Lifestyle Director know within 24 hours of the event so that any adjustments can be made if needed (some events may be limited on space.)
  • chevron_rightI forgot to RSVP or my plans changed, and now I'd like to attend - what do I do?
    No worries! We'd still love for you to attend. Please send an email to benjunot@ccmcnet.com to let us know as soon as possible.  Please not, RSVP'ing the day of may not get a reply, as it is possible we're setting up for the event and may be unable to respond.
  • chevron_rightDo I have to mark my whole family as attending, or just myself?
    Please RSVP for each family member attending, especially if food will be served.

    If an infant will not need their own separate dish for food events, no need to mark them.

    For events such as Craft Time!, please indicate the number of people who will ba participating, so that we can have an accurate supply count.

    Please make sure to communicate with members of your household to ensure that you aren't double-RSVP'ing.
  • chevron_rightCan I bring additional guests/visiting family members to Lifestyle Events?
    Visiting family members or guests are more than welcome to join you in attendance at our Lifestyle Events, with the exception of HOA or New Homeowner Orientation meetings.

    For food events, please check with the Lifestyle Director on the number of additional family members/guests attending before making an RSVP.  While we welcome guests and family members at our events, the number of additional guests for food events can greatly affect costs, supplies, or production, or availability of the food.

    We do ask that if the event requires an RSVP that you please add your guests to your count as well, and let us know at benjunot@ccmcnet.com.
  • chevron_rightAre the facilities available for rent?
    Yes!  Please visit the Rentals page for more details.
  • chevron_rightWho do I contact if I have a Lifestyle Event question not listed here?
    If you have any other questions related to the RSVP process, please reach out to your Lifestyle Director, Ben Junot, at benjunot@ccmcnet.com.
Home Improvements / Exteriors
  • chevron_rightI want to make changes to the exterior of my home - do I need approval from the HOA?
    Additions, modifications, and changes to the exterior of your home and property require review and approval by the Architectural Reviewer prior to the work being done or addition being installed. Common projects include; shed installation, changes in landscaping, fence replacement or extension, swimming pool installation, and patio or deck installation.
    Major projects such as the installation of a patio or pool will require a deposit, while minor projects such as painting or landscaping will only require you submit the application for approval, but no fee will be required.
    How to submit a plan to the Architectural Review:
    Step One: Download the Design Review Form here.

    Step Two: Submit the completed Design Review Form along with the information and details of your project to your Community Manager, Perry McLaurin,  via email at pmclaurin@ccmcnet.com, and mail the check, if applicable, to the address listed on the application. You may also drop off both at the Farmhouse Amenity Center.

    Be sure to include the details of your project request, including but not limited to:
    • Survey plat showing the proposed location of your project
    • Dimensions and Elevations
    • Description of Materials to be Used
    • Color information (if applicable - brand and color name or number)

    Step Three: The Design Review Board shall have up to 30 days to review and respond to any completed submittals. Approval or Denial letter shall be mailed to the Homeowner.
    Step Four: After approval, work must be completed within 12 months from the date of the approval. When work is complete, please send your Community Manager an email reporting the completion of the project to be issued back your deposit payment.
    Please Note: If the approved work is not completed within 12 months, another Design Review Application must be submitted and approved.
  • chevron_rightCan I add a carport?
    A:  No. 
    Carports are not an approved structural addition per the Design Review Board.
  • chevron_rightCan I stain my fence?
    A:  Yes, with restrictions.
    Please see the Fence Stain Guide in the Documents section for pre-approved fence stains.
  • chevron_rightCan I build a trash corral?
    A:  Yes, with restrictions and approval.
    • Trash corrals must first be approved by filling out the Design Review Form.  No work or installation should begin without approval from the Design Review Board.
    • Trash corrals must start no closer than 5 feet back from the front exterior of the home.
    • Trash corrals must match the same 6 foot height, stain, and materials as the fencing of the home.
    • Trash cans must be covered on all sides and may not be visible from the street or neighbor's view (at street level.)
    • Pre-made store-bought trash corrals are not accepted by the Review Board, as they must be made to look the same as the existing fence.

    Examples of acceptable trash corral designs may be found in the Document Library by clicking here.
  • chevron_rightCan I have a satellite dish?
    Without prior approval, the only permitted locations for a satellite dish or antennae are: 
    A – attached to the back of the principal single –family residence, with no part of the Permitted dish or antennae any higher than the lowest point of the roofline and screened from view of adjacent Lots and the street 
    B – attached to the side of the principal single-family residence, with no part of the Permitted dish or antennae any higher than the lowest point of the roofline and screened from view of adjacent Lots and the street. (Development Area Declaration, Section 2.10) Simply put, place it on the rear half of the home.  If it is in the front, you will kindly be asked to have it moved or you would need to submit an application for review.
Homeowner's Association
  • chevron_rightWho provides Silos' homeowners association management?
    CCMC proudly provides community management services to the Silos Community. For 45 years, CCMC has been in the business of transforming the way people think and feel about homeowner associations. Today, the company provides lifestyle and community association management services to more than 200 of the country’s most successful planned communities.
    At CCMC, our purpose is to create experiences that connect people in the neighborhoods where they live and offices where we work. This means putting service first, encouraging engagement and infusing life with fun! No wonder communities across the country have trusted us to transform households into homes, and turn neighbors into friends. No matter where you live, or how much money you make, you should have
    the chance to live in a place that feels like home.

    To learn more, please visit ccmcnet.com.
  • chevron_rightWhat is the homeowners association management responsible for?
    Your Board of Directors has hired CCMC to manage the daily administration and operations of your association.
    CCMC is responsible for:
    • Hiring and training all association staff members
    • Maintaining the financial records of the association
    • Billing and receiving all member assessments
    • Preparing association financial statements
    • Assisting the Board of Directors in preparing the budget
    • Processing architectural modification requests, if applicable
    • Maintaining all common areas and community amenities
    • Providing community services, as approved by the Board of Directors
    • Enforcing community standards, guidelines, and policies
    CCMC is NOT responsible for:
    • Providing maintenance or repairs for your home
    • Representing members in legal proceedings
    • Preparing or filing any tax returns
    • Completing or warranting the developer’s or builder’s construction work
  • chevron_rightWhat does the Community Manager do?
    Community Manager - Perry McLaurin

    • Association financials & assessments
    • Review of your exterior improvement requests
    • Community Standards / Violations; reporting or updating on statuses of a letter you may have received
    • Rules and regulations of the Association
    • Maintenance issues in the amenity areas
    • Association operations including the roles and responsibilities of contractors providing services to the community (i.e. pest control, landscaper, etc.)

    To learn more about Perry, visit here.
  • chevron_rightWhat does the Lifestyle Director Do?
    Lifestyle Director - Ben Junot

    • Community Events & Programs
    • Rentals of amenity center, pool, playgrounds, and other common spaces
    • New resident move-in information
    • Resident Communications (email, text, social media, etc.)
    • Sponsorships, marketing, and advertising
    To learn more about Ben, visit here.
  • chevron_rightWhat holidays will the office be closed?
    CCMC offices observe the following holidays and will be closed on the following holidays, which may also affect the scheduling of Lifestyle Events.
    New Year’s Day
    Labor Day
    Christmas Eve
    Memorial Day
    Christmas Day
    July Fourth
    New Year’s Eve
  • chevron_rightWhy do I have to pay assessments (HOA dues?)
    To accomplish the many tasks for which it is responsible, the association must have operating funds for daily maintenance, repairs and administration, as well as adequate replacement reserve funds for major repairs or replacements for common property. In order to obtain these funds, all members within your community are required to pay assessments to the association. The Board of Directors will establish assessment rates each year and adopt the annual budget for your community. The association will notify you of the amount and due date of your specific assessment. If you do not have any information regarding the assessment, please contact Perry McLaurin, Silos Community Manager, at pmclaurin@ccmcnet.com
    While we work hard to contain expenses, periodic increases in your assessment may occur to cover the rising costs of operations and maintenance of your community.
    Keeping in mind that assessments are the primary source of income for community associations, we encourage all members to pay them in a timely manner. Members who do not pay their assessments on time may be subject to various monetary penalties and usage restrictions. While this may seem extreme, please remember that your association can operate only if all members pay their assessments when due. That will allow your association to properly administer and maintain your community.

    Your Silos Assessments are currently $725 annually ($181.25 billed quarterly.)
    To learn about the ways you can pay your assessments, please visit the Assessments tab under the Resources menu on lifeatsilos.com, or by clicking here.
  • chevron_rightHow do I pay my assessments?
    There are multiple ways to pay your assessments. Please visit the "Assessments" page under the "Resources" tab on the navigation bar on the top of this page, or by clicking here

    Please note:  it takes 2-6 weeks for your paperwork to go from your lender to CCMC.  Once CCMC obtains your paperwork, you will be uploaded into the account system and an account number assigned to your household.  

    CCMC will mail reminders a few weeks out from each quarter's payment deadline as a reminder.  Your account number will be listed on the bill.
  • chevron_rightWho do I contact if I have an issue with my home construction/warranty issue?
    If you have an issue with your home construction it is best to put in a ticket on the Lennar resident portal at mylennar.com.  Construction concerns are handled by Lennar and creating a ticket will help establish a paper trail.
  • chevron_rightHow do I get access to the amenities?
    Homeowners:  Upon the closing of your home and moving into the community,  you may set up an appointment with Ben Junot, Lifestyle Director, at benjunot@ccmcnet.com.  You will need to attend a mandatory resident onboarding, at which time you will be issued your access cards.  You will need to bring a copy of your closing documents with you to the appointment.  

    Renters:  You will also need to attend a mandatory resident onboarding to attain your access cards.  You will need to email a copy of your lease agreement to benjunot@ccmcnet.com.  You will be issued a temporary set of access cards until you are able to have your landlord sign the Facilities Use Agreement, to which they will relinquish control of their access cards to you.
  • chevron_rightDo Silos residents pay San Antonio city tax?
    No. Silos Residents do not pay San Antonio city tax.
  • chevron_rightHow do I get mailbox keys?
    To obtain your mailbox keys, you will need to bring your closing paperwork/proof of address to the post office located at the address below.   You will need to fill out the Mail Key Request Form to obtain your keys. 
    Typically, your mail carrier will deliver your keys to your home once they receive the form.  They may possibly leave it under your doomat, etc., if you are not home.
    Please note, it may take up to 4 weeks to receive your mailbox keys, as the locksmiths at the post office are often behind in changing the locks.  This means you may have to physically go to the post office to retrieve your mail for a time.
    702 Richland Hills Dr, San Antonio, TX 78245
    Monday    8AM–5:30PM
    Tuesday    8AM–5:30PM
    Wednesday    8AM–5:30PM
    Thursday    8AM–5:30PM
    Friday    8AM–5:30PM
    Saturday    8AM–1PM
    Sunday    Closed
    (800) 275-8777
  • chevron_rightTrash and Recycling - what are the guidelines?
    In common area trash receptacles, please make sure your garbage is placed inside the container, not on top or beside it. Trash not in the container can cause litter and debris that can end up being strewn about the community.
    For street-side pick up, please do not place trash out before the scheduled route time and be sure to return your trash containers to your home storage space on the same day the trash is collected. Always use heavy bags or appropriate containers that are properly and adequately secured for all of your disposal.
    “Trash containers and recycling bins must be stored in one of the following locations: (i) inside the garage of the residence; or (ii) behind or on the side of a residence in such a manner that the trash container and recycling bin is not visible from any street, alley, or adjacent residence, e.g. behind a privacy fence or other
    appropriate screening.  The Silos Reviewer will have the right to specify additional locations in which trash containers or recycling bins must be stored.” (Development Area Declaration, Section 2.4)
    Trash and recycle bins need to be kept either in the garage or behind the fence.  If you would like to build a container for them, an ACC request must first be submitted and approved; the container must match the color of the house. 

    Plastic or metal storage sheds are not permitted.
  • chevron_rightCan my trash cans be visible from the street when it's not a trash pickup day?
    A:  No.
    Trash cans must be hidden from street view when it's not a trash pickup day, which means they will need to be stored in the garage, behind the fence, or in an HOA-approved trash corral.

    Residents can fill out the Design Review Application (located in the Document Library,) to apply to either:
    A) Extend their fence to include extra space for the trash cans
    B) Build a trash corral that matches the existing fence

    A document highlighting examples of acceptable styles of trash corrals may be viewed in the Document Library here.
    • Trash corrals must first be approved by filling out the Design Review Form.  No work or installation should begin without approval from the Design Review Board.
    • Trash corrals must start no closer than 5 feet back from the front exterior of the home.
    • Trash corrals must match the same 6 foot height, stain, and materials as the fencing of the home.
    • Trash cans must be covered on all sides and may not be visible from the street or neighbor's view (at street level.)
    • Pre-made store-bought trash corrals are not accepted by the Review Board, as they must be made to look the same as the existing fence.

    Article 2.4 of the Development Area Declaration states:

    Trash containers and recycling bins must be stored in one of the following locations:  (1) inside the garage of the residence; or (ii) behind or on the side of a residence in such a manner that the trash container and recycling bin is not visible from any street, alley, or adjacent residence, e.g. behind a privacy fence or appropriate screening.  The Silos Reviewer will have the right to specify additional locations in which trash containers or recycling bins must be stored.
  • chevron_rightParking - What are the guidlines?
    To promote safety and to minimize inconvenience, please utilize your driveway and garage for parking. You should never park in a designated fire lane or block access to any common areas. Disabled or unregistered vehicles may not be parked or stored within Silos. For the safety of all, please abide by all posted speed limits and traffic signs within the community.
  • chevron_rightDisturbances / Security - What are the guidelines?
    • Social gatherings for you and your guests are welcomed and encouraged.
    • Please be aware of your neighbors and contain any noise or behaviors that may become objectionable to them.
    • If you experience a disturbance, please contact local police.
    • After-hours personnel cannot assist you with disturbances.
    • You are responsible for your own security.   The HOA nor the developer is responsible for providing security to the community.
    • You are encouraged to get to know your neighbors and to help watch out for each other.
    • Please report any suspicious persons or activities to your local police department first, then notify CCMC.
  • chevron_rightCan I drive a golf cart around the Silos Community?
    A:  Yes, with restrictions:
    A Golf Cart is a motor vehicle designed by the manufacturer primarily for use on a golf course. TxDMV does not title and register Golf Carts, but Golf Carts are eligible to receive a Golf Cart license plate. You may obtain a Golf Cart license plate from your county tax assessor-collector’s office.
    Golf Carts with a Golf Cart license plate may be operated on roads in the following situations:
    • in a master planned community with a uniform set of restrictive covenants and a county or municipality approved plat;
    • on a public or private beach that is open to vehicular traffic;
    • on a highway with a posted speed limit of 35 mph, during the daytime and not more than two miles from the location where it is usually parked for transportation to and from a golf course; or
    • to cross intersections, including an intersection with a highway that has a posted speed limit of more than 35 mph.
    • Golf Carts must have the following minimum equipment: headlamps, tail lamps, reflectors, parking brake and mirrors.
    Additionally, cities or certain counties may authorize operation of Golf Carts on roads within the boundaries of the city or within unincorporated areas of certain counties.

    The Golf Cart must display a Golf Cart license plate when operated on roads authorized by the city or county. Operation may be authorized only on roads with a speed limit of 35 mph or less.

    If operated on the roads at a speed of 25 mph or less, a Golf Cart is required to display a slow-moving vehicle emblem.

    Golf cart operators must follow all street driving safety laws.

    For more information, please see here.
  • chevron_rightCan I pop fireworks in Silos?
    A:  No.

    Section 2.7, page 4-5 (Hazardous Activities) of the Development Area Declaration states:

    "No activities may be conducted on or within the Development Area and no Improvements may be constructed on or within any portion of the Development Area which, in the opinion of the Board, are or might be unsafe or hazardous to any person or property.  Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, no firearms or fireworks may be discharged upon any portion of the Development Area unless discharged in conjunction with an event approved in advance by the Silos Reviewer..."

    You can view and download the full Development Area Declaration document in the Documents section of the website located here.
  • chevron_rightPets - What are the guidelines?
    Pets are welcome in the community. Please adhere to Bexar County Animal Control Orders. If you have pets, please be considerate by picking up after them and keeping them on a leash when off your property.
    • No Owner or Occupant may keep on such Owner’s or Occupant‘s Lot more than four (4) cats and dogs, in the aggregate. 
    • No animal may be allowed to make an unreasonable amount of noise, or to become a nuisance, and no domestic pets will be allowed on the Development Area other than within the residence, or the fenced yard space associated therewith, unless confined to a leash. 
    • The Board may restrict pets to certain areas on the Development Area. 
    • No animal may be stabled, maintained, kept, cared for, or boarded for hire or remuneration on the Development Area, and no kennels or breeding operation will be allowed. 
    • No animal may be allowed to run at large, and all animals must be kept within enclosed areas which must be clean, sanitary, and reasonably free of refuse, insects, and waste at all times. 
    • No pet may be left unattended in front yards, porches or other unenclosed outside areas of the Lot.  All pets must be registered, licensed and inoculated as required by Applicable Law. 
    • All pets not confined to a residence must wear collars with appropriate identification tags and all outdoor cats are required to have a bell on their collar.
    (Development Area Declaration, Section 2.8)
  • chevron_rightCan I have non-traditional pets (chickens, pigs, goats, etc.?)
    A: No.

    Section 2.8 of the Development Area Declaration states:

    "No animals, including pigs, hogs, swing, poultry, fowl, wild animals, horses, cattle, sheep, goats, or any other type of animal not considered to be a domestic household pet within the ordinary meaning and interpretation of such words may be kept, maintained, or cared for on or within the Development Area (as used in this paragraph, the term "domestic household pet" does not include not traditional pets such as pot-bellied pigs, minature horses, chickens, exotic snakes or lizards, ferrets, monkeys or other exotic animals.)  The Board may conclusively determine, in its sole discretion, whether a particular pet is a domestic household pet within the ordinary meaning and interpretation of such words."

  • chevron_rightLost Pets / Animal Control - what are the guidelines?
    For all homeowners with pets, we recommend uploading a profile with photos to our pet directory here, so that if found, residents may find their owner more quickly.
    For lost/found pets within Silos, we recommend posting on the resident group Facebook page here, as well as checking our pet directory here.

    If you have an issue or concern regarding a wild animal, we recommend contacting the Bexar County Animal Control here.